Cérémonie de remise des labels internationaux 2017

"Label International": add an international dimension to your studies !

Obtaining the international label is a way to promote your language skills, intercultural openness and your time spent abroad – an invaluable addition to your CV!

The Label is awarded at two levels, which can be validated separately. Three criteria must be satisfied to obtain the Label:


Level 1

Level 2

Intercultural module

+/- 24hrs

+/- 24hrs

International mobility

2 consecutive months min.

1 semester min.

Foreign language certification

B2 min.*

C1 min.*

* Based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL)
More information on language proficiency levels

Acquire the label

There are two ways to validate your level of foreign language proficiency:

1. Obtain language certification (CLES B2, CLES C1, TOEFL, BULATS, DELE, TELC – list non-exhaustive) Warning, the OLS and eLAO tests are not certifications.

2. With a foreign language diploma (Foreign and Regional Languages, Literatures and Civilisations; Applied Foreign Languages; Languages and Societies): a bachelor’s degree achieves at least level B2, while a master’s or doctorate are worth at least level C1.

The Language Centre (CRL) of the University of Lille can help you obtain various types of language certifications.

To acquire the label, you must prove that you have spent time abroad. This could be a study trip, traineeship or other mobility period. The University of Lille’s international mobility department can offer you support in preparing your international mobility project (exchange programmes, funding). The occupational integration office (BAIP) at the University of Lille can offer advice on how to find a traineeship abroad. For international students, studies or traineeships completed in their home country are not eligible.

The curriculum for some courses at the University of Lille includes intercultural modules that can be used to obtain the international label, check on our course list. To validate these, you must have achieved a pass grade for the relevant teaching component. If you have never taken these modules, we invite you to take part in sessions held each year. Courses are conducted in English. These modules are a good way to prepare for your overseas mobility.

Questions & Answers

You must be registered at the University of Lille in at least your second year of a bachelor’s degree or technological diploma. The label can be acquired up to PhD level.

Apply online via the “Travel abroad” application on the ENT platform. You can validate the 3 criteria (indicated in the table above) at any time during your university course.

Choose from the following session dates:

  • Intensive session: 10-14 June 2024  (on the premises of the University, limited space, registration required)
  • Weekly sessions: from the 14th of September to the 19th of October 2024 (6 Saturday mornings from 9am to 12pm)

If you wish to register for this module, you must contact us before 31 May of the current academic year for the intensive session and before 19 August for the weekly sessions:


Intensive session of June 2024 :

Monday 10/06/20249am-12pm and 1pm-4pm
Tuesday 11/06/20249.15am-11.45am and 1pm-3.30pm
Wednesday 12/06/20249.15am-11.45am and 1pm-3.30pm
Thursday 13/06/2024Self-guided course
Friday 14/06/20249am-12pm

Get in touch with us and we will help you finalise your application.

Programme coordinator:
Kristyna Matysova, kristyna.matysovauniv-lillefr

Administration, information and applications: