Mobility for doctoral students
You are a PhD student and would like to stay in our university. See also the platform Fund-it http://www.fundit.fr/en
You wish to apply for a PhD under the supervision of a laboratory researcher of the University of Lille.
See the pre-requisite and the procedure for admission on the doctoral schools website.
See also the Campus France website about PhD admission.
The International Mobility Department supports the future PhD student and the host laboratory to set up the joint supervision thesis.
The joint supervision thesis allows a PhD student (from the University of Lille or from a partner university) to carry out a doctoral thesis between his home institution and a host institution abroad. The distribution of workload and fees is predetermined.
At the end of the thesis the PhD student receives a PhD diploma from the University of Lille and an equivalent diploma from the partner university abroad.
An agreement setting the administrative and teaching modalities signed by both institutions for each joint supervision thesis.
- Mobility and thesis duration
The mobility is divided into alternative periods in each institution and will be of, at least, 12 months, and spread over the thesis duration.
The PhD student must enroll each year in each institution, complying with the enrolment conditions of each country.
PhD students pay the enrolment fees in one of the two institutions and are exempted in the other institution (by presenting a proof of payment)
Get ready for tomorrow!
The Academy.90 programme is a high standard, 90-hour, intensive linguistic, cultural and methodological summer programme that provides quality training in various disciplines:
• General and academic French
• Methodology for studies in France
• French culture and intercultural communication
• Cultural visits and events to discover your host region
provided by experienced teachers from excellent institutions, universities and companies in Hauts-de-France and beyond.
The programme also covers cultural visits and events, a welcome pack, practical and administrative information, introduction to the French academic system, approach to professional life, project work, conversation tutorials, an official French language level assessment (TCF), as well as a conference and a closing ceremony.
• Programme dates: August 9th to 29th 2023
• Language prerequisite: applicants to this programme should have at least a B1 level in French.
For more information, visit the International Academy website.
The Lille Hauts-de-France Euraxess Centre is dedicated to helping international publics welcome by hosting universities, institutes and laboratories located in the Hauts-de-France region, in their moves to settle and adapt to their new life.
Please check the dedicated page to get more information
- For a stay up to one month, please contact directly to the chosen laboratory (see list of laboratories below), attaching your resume and a description of your research project (maximum 2-3 pages)
- For a stay exceeding one month, a "convention d'accueil" with the laboratory of the University of Lille is mandatory. Three hard copies of the agreement must be signed, by the PhD student, the laboratory director, the President of the University of Lille, the president of the institution of origin. The agreement must be filled in and transmitted online to the host laboratory one month before the beginning of the research period, in order to be checked by the legal department and signed.
See the list of laboratories at: https://www.univ-lille.fr/home/research/laboratories/#c464
- International Mobility Department: cotutellesuniv-lillefr,
- Doctoral schools: https://doctorat.univ-lille.fr/phdstudies/doctoral-schools/,
- Laboratories: https://www.univ-lille.fr/home/research/laboratories/
We can help you for your administrative actions and housing search.