Cérémonie de remise des labels internationaux 2017

Make the most of your mobility

Promoting the value of international experiences is a key objective of the courses that offer this option. Many studies have shown the positive effects of mobility on subsequent employment.

How to make the most of your experience abroad

  • Promote the University of Lille during your mobility abroad by becoming an ambassador. For more information, contact ulillexplore@univ-lille.fr
  • Become a sponsor of an international student by participating in our Buddy System program. To do so, register on the ULillExplore app, which will soon be available for download on the stores and available on the web.
  • Ask for the international label

"Label International" : add an international dimension to your studies !

Obtaining the international label is a way to promote your language skills, intercultural openness and your time spent abroad – an invaluable addition to your CV !

The Label is awarded at two levels, which can be validated separately. Three criteria must be satisfied to obtain the Label:


Level 1

Level 2

Intercultural module

+/- 24hrs

+/- 24hrs

International mobility

2 consecutive months min.

1 semester min.

Foreign language certification

B2 min.*

C1 min.*

* Based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL)
More information on language proficiency levels

Acquire the label

Foreign language certification

There are two ways to validate your level of foreign language proficiency:

1. Obtain language certification (CLES B2, CLES C1, TOEFL, BULATS, DELE, TELC – list non-exhaustive) Warning, the OLS test is not a certification.

2. With a foreign language diploma (Foreign and Regional Languages, Literatures and Civilisations; Applied Foreign Languages; Languages and Societies): a bachelor’s degree achieves at least level B2, while a master’s or doctorate are worth at least level C1.

The Language Centre (CRL) of the University of Lille can help you obtain various types of language certifications.

International mobility

To acquire the label, you must prove that you have spent time abroad. This could be a study trip, traineeship or other mobility period. The University of Lille’s international mobility department can offer you support in preparing your international mobility project (exchange programmes, funding). The occupational integration office (BAIP) at the University of Lille can offer advice on how to find a traineeship abroad. For international students, studies or traineeships completed in their home country are not eligible.

Intercultural communication module

The curriculum for some courses at the University of Lille includes intercultural modules that can be used to obtain the international label. To validate these, you must have achieved a pass grade for the relevant teaching component. If you have never taken these modules, we invite you to take part in sessions held each year. Courses are conducted in English. These modules are a good way to prepare for your overseas mobility.

Questions & answers...

Who can acquire the international label?

You must be registered at the University of Lille in at least your second year of a bachelor’s degree or technological diploma. The label can be acquired up to PhD level.

When and how can I acquire it?

Apply online via the “Travel abroad” application on the ENT platform. You can validate the 3 criteria (indicated in the table above) at any time during your university course.

I would like to register for the intercultural communication module.

Choose from the following session dates:

  • Intensive session: 13–17 June 2022 (on the premises of the University, limited space, registration required)
  • Weekly sessions: 5 Saturday mornings from September to October 2022 (for students registered at the University of Lille in 2022-2023)

If you wish to register for this module, you must contact us before 31 May of the current academic year for the intensive session and before 19 August for the weekly sessions:


Lacking one of the criteria?

Get in touch with us and we will help you finalise your application.

Where can I find information?

Programme coordinator:
Janine Schafier, janine.schafieruniv-lillefr

Administration, information and applications: