Erasmus +: study on an exchange programme in Europe
Erasmus+ is a programme funded by the European Commission with the aim of promoting mobility and cooperation schemes in higher education in Europe.
- Periods of mobility from 2 to 12 months
- Departure from 2nd year bachelor's to doctorate
- Duration of study trip: 1 to 2 semesters and no more than 12 months per cycle of study
The host institute must be a European University with which the University of Lille has signed a bilateral Erasmus+ agreement relating to your course.
The programme is open:
- to all 28 European Union member states,
- to the candidate country (Turkey)
- to the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
See the map of destinations and agreements with the University of Lille:
Thanks to the Erasmus+ programme, you are exempt from registration fees at the host university. You will only be required to pay registration fees at the University of Lille (you must re-register before your departure).
You will follow the examination procedure at the host institute, which can involve written and/or oral exams.
Exams take place in the language chosen by the host university.
The number of exams to take at the host university will depend on your study contract.
Recognition of your study trip abroad is guaranteed by your study contract, or Learning Agreement.
As well as the list of classes taken abroad, this document must indicate the number of ECTS (European Credits Transfer System) credits as follows:
- 60 ECTS credits for one academic year,
- 30 ECTS credits for one semester,
- and 20 ECTS credits for one quarter.
Your learning agreement must be validated by the Erasmus+ coordinator at your faculty/school/institute before your departure.
At the end of your mobility period, the host University will provide the University of Lille with a transcript of your grades based on the local grading system, the number of ECTS credits and the grades achieved based on this ECTS scale:
|Grades ECTS||Students rankings|
|A (best grade)||10%|
|FX Fail, some work required|
|F Fail, considerable further work required|
The study trip abroad as recognised by the University of Lille will enable you to obtain your diploma at the University of Lille (provided the ECTS transcript indicates satisfactory grades).
How to apply?
Follow the procedures outlined in the section applying for an exchange programme.
- statement on the University of Lille's Erasmus+ strategy
- Erasmus+ charter for higher education (ECHE) at the University of Lille
- official website of the Erasmus+ programme